Effective: April 13, 2019
Information You Provide
This is information that you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information and other information that may personally identify you. The information we collect is different depending on if you are an account holder, become a patron by supporting a creator, or become a creator by creating your own Pipeline page.
To create an account on Pipeline you must create a user profile (“Profile”) and provide your:
- Email address
You also have the option to add more information to your Profile, such as a location, social media links and an about section, which we store along with any comments or messages you submit through Pipeline.
A creator is someone who creates a Pipeline page and uploads content other than Personal Data (“Creator”). To become a Creator, you must create a page that describes what you are creating. We collect and process this information along with any additional information you add to your Profile.
Information We Collect
We will collect and store the information you give us. We may also collect information automatically as you navigate the Site or through any of our third party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access Pipeline, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We may also derive your location from your IP address.
Anonymous data collection
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we may use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Site. For example, we may use technology to track which pages of our Site our visitors view or to determine which Web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Site. Our Site may also contain hyperlinks to other pages. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Site our visitors choose to view. Again, this technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks. We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of this Site.
We use third-party advertising cookies to present you with opportunities while on Pipeline. Cookies are small pieces of text stored as a file on your computer’s hard drive. They are not computer programs. They only contain and transfer to the web server as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to a certain web site. Cookies are used by your browser and by most websites to help personalize or improve your experience using the world wide web. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies you can do this through your browser settings. Restricting cookies may affect some of the functionality of this Site, such as the ability to log in to password-protected areas. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can find more information about deleting and controlling cookies from at the AboutCookies.org website.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We never sell your Personal Data to anyone. We use your information to:
- provide Services to you.
- allow you to sign in to your account.
- allow you to communicate with other creators through Pipeline.
- send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences.
- reply to your questions.
- understand how you use the Services, including suggesting creators you may be interested in communicating with.
- create better tools for creators.
- conduct research and development to improve Pipeline and develop future products that our users may be interested in by analyzing how you use it.
- prevent fraud and abuse on Pipeline.
Information Shared with Creators
If you are a Creator, the following information, subject to your consent, may be shared with other creators:
- Your email address and other profile information.
- Any messages you send them through Pipeline.
- Your physical address, city, state, country, and phone number.
- Some aggregated and anonymized data about how you use Pipeline that cannot be linked back to any individual user.
Information Shared with Third Parties
PII is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With your permission, with service providers used by Creators to deliver content.
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management, analyzing data trends, credit card processing and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to PII to perform their services and are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- To protect the security or integrity of Pipeline, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pipeline, its employees, users, or others, if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us). If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Data integrity and security
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of PII in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. We use our best efforts to handle such data properly and in accordance with reasonable security protocols and standards of confidentiality. Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your PII, we will disclose to you the PII we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any PII that is inaccurate and notify any third-party recipients of the necessary changes.
Information Shared with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- Your profile, and any of your social media links and location if you add that information.
- Any content you upload.
- Any posts or comments you make on your or another creator’s page.
- Your aggregated or anonymized usage data in blog posts, press releases, or in other ways to share information about Pipeline’s usage. Aggregated or anonymized data cannot be linked back to any individual Pipeline user.
Preferences and Rights Over PII
Choosing Your Preferences. Settings allows you to see your account preferences. You can see and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selections.
Exercising Your Data Rights. You can exercise rights over your data in the following ways:
- Modifying the Information in Your Account
You can modify or delete certain information associated with your account on the settings pages.
- Disabling Your Account
You can disable your account to have it immediately removed from public view. Please be aware that this is a final act and you cannot log into your account again after disabling your account. When you disable your account, we immediately remove your ability to log in. If you create a new account, you may be asked to use a different email address from the one you used previously. Even if an account is disabled, some information may be retained by our analytics providers on their own servers.
- Removing Marketing Emails
You can stop receiving marketing emails by changing your email settings. While this removes your marketing emails, Service-related emails are still sent, including how you can optimize your Pipeline experience and suggestions for which creators to follow.
- Turning off Mobile Notifications
If you download the Pipeline App you may also receive notifications on your mobile device. These can be disabled in the App settings.
- Understanding Our Data Retention Periods
We retain your information for ten years, unless you disable your account information from your account settings.
- Additional Questions Related to Privacy
For additional privacy-related questions about your account, you may email us at email@example.com.
To further protect your information, we suggest using a strong and unique password for your Pipeline account.
Pipeline is not directed at children under the age of 13, and they may not create an account or otherwise use Pipeline.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Pipeline after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.